(in the following referred to as "Vebitron")
Vebitron collects, uses and stores user’s personal data in accordance with the applicable Data Protection
Legislation. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Below
Vebitron informs all website users about the type, extent and purpose of the collection and use of personal data.
Terms defined in the Terms and Conditions of Vebitron shall have the same meaning here.
Sec. 1 and 2 apply to users who register and subscribe to Vebitron’s services, Sec. 3 to 10 of this Privacy
Policy apply to all visitors of Vebitron’s website.
1 Collection and Processing of Personal Data when registering to Vebitron’s website
On Vebitron’s website Vebitron offers the possibility to buy a License for The Vebitron Bitcoin Trading Terminal, a downloadable software client owned and provided by Vebitron according to its Terms and Conditions.
For purchasing the Purchaser needs to register on Vebitron’s website. For this purpose, Vebitron requests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 point b GDPR, the following data:
If the Purchaser is a business user, he also has to provide Vebitron with his VAT number. Vebitron needs this data for offering its services and for invoicing. Moreover, the Purchaser may provide Vebitron the following data:
- First and last name
If the Purchaser provides Vebitron with this data he gives his express consent that Vebitron is allowed to process this data for contract purposes. The Purchaser has the right to withdraw his consent at any time by simply deleting this data from his profile. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
2 Collection and Processing of Personal Data with a License
When buying a License the Purchaser needs to choose a payment method. The Purchaser may chose from the following payment methods:
Payment via Coinbase
For payment using bitcoin, Vebitron uses the services of Coinbase, Inc. with legal seat in the U.S. Coinbase has NOT self-certified its adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles. I.e. by using Coinbase you expressly consent that your data is transferred to a company which has NOT self-certified their adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles.
3 Collection and Processing of Personal Data via Cookies and Logfiles
- In accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 point f GDPR, Vebitron’s website uses so-called cookies in order to make available personalized functions and in order to analyze the use of Vebitron’s website. A cookie is a small file which stores certain information about a user’s access device (PC, Tablet, Smartphone etc.) on such device. When such device accesses Vebitron’s server’s website, the server receives such cookies. The server can evaluate the information stored in the cookie by different methods. Cookies enable e.g. personalized advertisements according to the collected user behavior and collecting statistical data of the use of the website. The Users may accept or disable cookies via their browser settings. However, if a user disable cookies he or she may potentially not be able to use all interactive functions of Vebitron’s website. For more information about the processing of personal data via cookies see the section 4 Google Analytics.
- Moreover, in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 point f GDPR, every single web page uses log files, i.e. for every page impression, the access data are saved to the server log. The saved data record contains the following details
- The date, the time, the file accessed, the status, the request that user’s browser sent to the server, the amount of data transmitted and the webpage from which the user accessed the requested page (referrer) as well as
- The product and version information of the browser used, user’s operating system and user’s country of origin.
- Vebitron uses the log data only in anonymized form (i.e. without any allocation to or indications about user’s person) for statistical analyses, e.g. to find out on which days and at what times the offers of Vebitron’s webpages are most popular and how much data volume is generated on Vebitron’s webpages. Moreover, the log files enable Vebitron to detect possible errors, e.g. faulty links or software bugs. Thus, Vebitron can use the log files for the further development of Vebitron’s webpages. Vebitron never associates the use and page impressions that are stored in the server log with individual persons. Vebitron reserves the right to use data from log files if certain facts give rise to the suspicion that users use Vebitron’s websites and/or services in an unlawful or non contractual way.
4 Google Analytics
5 Collection and Processing of Personal Data when using Vebitron’s Contact Form
If a user provides Vebitron personal data by using Vebitron’s contact form he expressly gives his consent that Vebitron may store and use this data for the processing of user’s query. He has the right to withdraw his consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please see also further information on User’s rights in Sec. 8 and about the Period of Data Storage in Sec. 9.
6 Collection and Processing of Personal Data of Newsletter Recipients
7 The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
8 Your Rights
9 Period of Data Storage
Vebitron processes and stores personal data only for the period, which is required to meet the purpose of processing, or as long and to the extent as statutory laws require Vebitron to process and/or store such data. If the purpose of processing does not apply anymore and the applicable statutory retention requirement expires, Vebitron will as a matter of routine erase data or restrict the processing of data in accordance with the applicable statutory laws.